When considering what type of pipe to use in a sprinkler system, it is important to weigh the benefits versus the drawbacks. Let’s take a closer look.
- Fire Resistant
- Rigidity (can be spaced further apart)
- Susceptible to Pitting and Corrosion
COPPER AND COPPER ALLOYS
- More Corrosion-Resistant
- Stays Smoother Internally
- More Expensive
- Highest Corrosion Resistance and is
- Smoother than most metals.
- Not as Durable
- Not as Fire-Resistant
We hope this gives you a better idea of your piping choices.
If you would like more information on this or any other life safety topic, please let us know.