Earlier this week, we covered some myths and facts about fire sprinklers. Here are some more interesting facts about fire sprinkler systems.
- Automatic fire sprinklers have been in use in the U.S. since 1874.
- Fire sprinklers are widely recognized as the single most effective method for fighting the spread of fires in their early stages.
- When one fire sprinkler head goes off to fight a fire the entire sprinkler system does NOT activate. Sprinklers react to temperature in individual rooms. Fire sprinklers do not set off all at the same time, no matter what you see in the movies.
- The chances of a fire sprinkler accidentally going off are extremely remote.
- Installations of fire sprinklers can provide discounts on insurance premiums.
- Sprinklers save water since they use a lot less water than fire hoses.
- Fire can become deadly in three minutes.
- Fire sprinklers can keep damage to a single room.
- Fire sprinklers can save lives by dramatically reducing the heat, flames and smoke produced in a fire.
- Smoke cannot set off a fire sprinklers.
- The elderly and the disabled are the most at risk of injury or death, fire sprinklers allow them time to evacuate.
- Only the fire sprinkler nearest the fire will activate.
- Fire sprinklers are very low maintenance.
- Don’t paint the fire sprinklers you might cause them to not work properly.
- Home sprinklers are smaller than commercial and industrial sprinklers.
- Sprinklers reduce the average property loss by 71% per fire.
- Sprinklers are affordable.
For more information about how you can get your building protected with a sprinkler system, contact Protegis Fire & Safety.